Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit
Check out this awesome Star Wars droid toy! Its on sale on Amazon now!!
Kids can now create their own Droid and bring it to life using littleBits electronic blocks! Then they’ll take it on 16+ missions and give it new abilities in the free Droid Inventor app.
From the Manufacturer
The Droid becomes a loyal sidekick kids can customize and make their own. It comes with stickers, and ideas for household items that help the Droid take shape.
With littleBits, kids get creative as they engineer new Droids. They can take their Droid apart and put it back together in new ways to give it additional abilities or make it perform new tasks.
With just the wave of a hand, kids can guide their Droid like they’re using the Force.
Droid-driving is easy with in-app controllers including a joystick, sliders, and tilt mode.
The Droid can detect obstacles in front of it and change course like it has a mind of its own.
Use the kit to create a unique Droid & enter the littleBits Competition: Droid Inventor Kit. You could win one of 6 prizes like kits, gift cards, or a trip to Lucasfilm.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Simple. Playful. Powerful.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
It’s the result of months of brainstorming with Disney and Lucasfilm. Our mutual goal was to get all kids, especially girls, involved in STEM/STEAM. Everyone loves Star Wars – it was a no-brainer.
What makes your product special?
This isn’t a pre-made toy. Kids use their brains and their hands to create their own Droid from scratch. They form an emotional bond – I’ve never seen so many kids hug a littleBits invention before.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
We worked with the best storytellers in the world at Disney. They believe in our mission, and we’re part of a movement getting kids to use their imaginations and invent the world they want to live in.
- Complete Droid Kit: Comes with everything kids need to create and control their own Droid – right down to the battery – plus stickers and extra accessories.
- No grown-ups necessary: Kids can put together easily with step-by-step, in-app instructions, then challenge themselves to level-up their inventor skills by building new custom Droids.
- Missions & challenges: With the Droid Inventor app (iPhone & Android), kids can teach their Droid new skills like head spins and self navigation, and send it on 16+ special Star WarsTM missions.
- Customizable: Stickers and in-app missions help kids get creative – inventing their own R2 unit with crafts & household objects, and giving their Droid its own unique personality.
- Reconfigurable: Each electronic block has a different function (motor, sensor, speaker, etc.), enabling kids to rebuild their Droid in new ways, transforming their original R2 Unit into any Droid they can dream up